Neos Pro is a special license for Neos that is used and required for Commercial & Institutional use. It comes with a number of features and benefits but does come with a cost to the user.
Getting Neos Pro
Who needs Neos Pro?
For most use cases of Neos, Neos Pro is NOT required. Our official guidance can always be found in our guidelines, so check there for the most up to date data.
However, for some peace of mind if you are:
- Playing Neos as a regular player
- Creating content on Neos as a regular player
- Making content regarding Neos on content platforms such as: Twitter, Twitch, YouTube, TikTok etc.
- Selling content in Neos using NCR
- Carrying out work for NCR in Neos
- Trading NCR on Cryptocurrency Markets etc
- Running Free events, or meet-ups on Neos.
Then you DO NOT need Neos Pro.
What do we mean by commercial & institutional use?
If you're using Neos within a commercial, or institutional for things like:
Then you may require Neos Pro. The easiest way to know for sure is to email us before you make a purchase, where we can discuss your needs.
Neos Pro Features
In addition to being required for commercial & institutional use, Neos Pro has a number of useful features:
- Off Steam downloads and launchers - Some corporate environments disallow steam
- This is actually now part of the main game too see: Neos Credits/Steam Changes.
- Custom Neos launch sequence
- This includes an overwritable splash screen, UI etc to make it more clearer that it is your project that users are launching etc.
- Central account and content management
- Manage the accounts of other users in your institution
- Manage the content stored for your institution
- Local asset storage
- Store assets outside of the regular Neos Cloud.
Most of these features are not suitable for regular users though, so it is not recommended to purchase a license if you are a regular user.
Additionally, a lot of these features will require conversation with Neos and its team to setup and use so please email us before you make a purchase to discuss your needs.