Groups is a Neos feature that allows a collection of people to be added and collected together into a Group. A Group provides several features that make collaborative or group projects and worlds easier. Click here to see all available Group commands.
Groups have a number of features, these may vary depending on the group but generally a group provides:
- A Group Home World - This is a world for each Group to have that matches the functionality of a user's cloud home. Group members can open this world and hang out etc.
- A Group Inventory Folder - This is a folder where group members can save and share items with each other. See below for information on how to access a group inventory folder. Group folders usually have 10GB of storage.
- Group world publishing - A world can be published by a group, it will show up in the world browser as "By:<Group Name>"
Opening a Group Inventory
Once you are a member of a group, you can open a group's inventory by:
- Opening your inventory
- Clicking the blue "Cloud" Icon on the top bar of your inventory
- Clicking the Group name in the new central area that appears.
To return to your personal inventory, repeat these steps but select "Personal" instead of a group.
Only group members can access a group inventory, but you can create and share public folders from a group inventory.
Creating a Group
Groups can currently only be created by Neos Patreons. It requires at minimum the Architect tier to create one group. To create a group the official points of contact are to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or sending a message to its Telegram with your request.
Managing a Group
Once the group is created it can be managed through the Neos Bot. Only the group creator can manage a group.
The commands listed on there will allow you to:
- Add and Remove members
- List the members in a group
Can I be in more than one Group?
Do Groups get Badges?
Can I make other members of a Group an Admin?
Only the group creator can manage a group.