Prime Time, ProbablePrime's Weekly office hours for Questions, Tutorials and Documentation and anything else that doesn't really fit.
Here are the notes from 25th October 2021.
These are rough notes typed by ProbablePrime. If there are errors please edit away!
Please do remember to check our Roadmaps as a lot of questions here are partially covered there. Do continue to ask them but the roadmaps are there for you to read:
Xekri: Did I hear something about 2FA being enabled for the wiki, or do we still have to use that /webLogin workaround?
- You'll have to use the /webLogin command if you have 2FA enabled. I apologize, we'll review this as soon as possible.
darkysabertooth: will there be a way in the future to be able to file a report on a user in game, also will there soon be away to be able to block a user/hide a user so you do not hear or see them in a session?
- After double checking, we have an issue for in-game issue reporting here
Xekri: Are you recovered sufficiently from MMC to make more tutorials? I didn't realize how much I miss them.
- I'm still quite busy but trying to work on tutorials when I can.
Beaned: is there or will there be a tutorial on how to use videos properly with subtitles in neos?
- Yup its on the list.
GunGryphon: Have MMC prizes been distributed yet?
- Yes for the most part. If you have issues post in the mmc-2021 channel or ping Medra directly.
darkysabertooth: im also wondering how neos is going with steam removing games that are involved with crypto.
- Read Neos_Credits/Steam_Changes for info here please :)
Jam10o: Facebook is going full metaverse (and I'd imagine buying everything they can get their hands on) meanwhile all the crypto-native projects are turning into an interoperable borg. Neos doesn't seem like it's going to go in either direction, where does it fit in the future?
- I'm beginning to hate the term Metaverse its very overloaded by the industry and the news. I have no real answer here. We're just trying to follow our own goals and vision for what we want Neos to be. That might not align to your/the news' definition of a metaverse or even facebook's.
Deretto: What's the reason for a private(unlisted) session that is shown as contacts/contacts+ not being joinable by me (a contact) from the friends list?
- Those sessions can be viewed as "Invite+" from other platforms
- If you don't have an invite we actually don't have a way to get you into there without an invite.
- its a feature not a bug or an issue.
Xekri: What's Registered Users Only for world permissions? How does that differ from Private or Contacts Only?
- This world permission only allows users who have a Neos account to join the session.
- You can play Neos without an account :)!
TheSpecterLemon: Why does Neos require users to login every time you launch the game? Or at least every 7 days with the "remember me" feature
- This is a security feature that aligns to our current security goals and policies.
- If you'd like to see this changed please open a GitHub issue
- Do remember that this limit is rolling. As I play Neos everyday I've never had to log in for multiple months now.
Jam10o: okay let me narrow the super broad question a little bit - if you (not asking you to speak for the team unless you want to) had to pick between a hypothetical interconnected vr universe being primarily advertisement-funded and free-looking, or marketplace based and funded with fees or something, what would you pick?
- Our primary goal for monetization is the market place right now.
- We do source revenue from other sources and you can read about these on the wiki.
- Advertisements are probably never going to happen. You're in control. It is your worlds, your sessions etc.
GunGryphon: Is Neos hard locked to 60FPS max?
Rucio: I noticed that headless servers have abilities to permit users with a cloud variable. Haven't explored this myself but how does that feature work for non-hidden sessions? Ie, does Neos filter active sessions based on having this cloud variable?
- There's two ways to do this right now with headless cloud variables and both of these still show up in the session list afaik.
- In some cases there are messages sourced from other cloud variables that will tell you why you cannot join.
ToyDragon (clarjon1): any Cool Techy Bits you're looking forwards to integrate with Neos that aren't behind a NDA/embargo?
- Nothing I'm working on is private.
- I'm really excited by everything on the roadmap.
Bitman: Know if there has been Any progress on the OAuth System?
- Its on the list, along with everything else its a prioritzation issue where so many things are trying to be worked on. We're working as fast as we can.
Electronus: what if we have a github issue that we haven't gotten any response to? For example a tweak request.
- Make sure there's as much information on the issue as you can. Add logs, screenshots etc.
- Make sure to also thumbs up the issue or use your priority patreon vote to help thumbs up this issue.
- We're working on things as fast as we can.