When in Neos, you may occasionally receive a message or notice from a user by the name of "Neos". This user is actually a bot ran by the Neos Team and provides notifications and messages about Neos and your account.
Neos Bot Messages / Notifications
Common things Neos Bot may message you about:
- New Updates - If you're online when an update comes out, Neos Bot will let you know with a message
- Patreon Messages - If you're a patron of Neos on Patreon, each month you'll get messages thanking you for your pledge and sending you your NCR from Patreon.
- Special Currency Transfers - If you're the winner of a competition such as the MMC, NCC or otherwise you may get a message from Neos bot which is the transfer of the winning funds.
Neos Bot Commands
You can also message Neos bot, with various phrases to achieve various actions and activities. To do this, find the "Neos" user in your contacts screen and message them the command.
Make sure to enclose names with quotation marks else the system won't recognize the names if it contains spaces in it. If you're the member of a Group, you can message the Neos bot with the following commands to interact with the Groups System:
||Gets a list of current members and other metadata|
||Adds a User to a group, The quota parameter is measured in GB and allocates how much of the Group's storage they can use. Use |
||Removes a User from a group.|
Priority Issue voting for Patreon Supporters
||Patreon supporters can vote to show that a specific GitHub issue is a priority for them.
||Will email you a JSON File of all records on your account that are using Storage. It will be emailed to your account's email address.
||Will email your account's specified email address with a basic storage report.
||allows you to delete any record from your account by its Record ID
Please see Cloud Variable Commands
||Which will recover deleted items/worlds from your account.
Below are some examples of how to use the command:
/requestDeleteRecovery 1d Cool Hat- Will try to recover any item that contains the phrase "Cool Hat" in its name in the past 1 Day.
/requestDeleteRecovery 30m Cheese- Will try to recover any item that contains the phrase "Cheese" in its name for the past 30 minutes. SAVE THE CHEESE!
/requestDeleteRecovery 1 hour 30 minutes Four Lights- Will try to recover any item that contains the phrase "Four Lights" in its name for the past 1 hour and 30 minutes.
/requestDeleteRecovery 30m *- Will try recover ANY item from the past 30 minutes.
Before using this command please read the following warnings/notes :
- This command can only be used by Neos Patreons
- You will be emailed a ZIP file with special files representing items of your inventory in the same folder structure. To actually recover the item/world, you need to import those files into Neos and save them again. DO NOT CLEAR YOUR CACHE!
- Maximum recovery time period is 30 days, after this the items are deleted permanently
- This command can only be used by Patreon users directly. If you have an emergency and are not Patreon, contact a team member
- THIS IS A LAST RESORT EMERGENCY OPTION! Full recovery isn't 100% guaranteed, it relies on other asset files still being in the cloud or being in your cache to recover fully. Please take every step necessary to make sure you don't need to use it in the first place.
There are a variety of Badges that can be self-assigned by users. These include accessibility badges, and the potato badges. They can be assigned, and removed by messaging the Neos bot in your contacts list. The commands are as follows:
/addHearingImpaired- Will assign the hearing impaired badge.
/removeHearingImpaired- Will remove the hearing impaired badge.
/addColorBlind- Will assign the color blind badge.
/removeColorBlind- Will remove the color blind badge.
/addVisuallyImpaired- Will assign the visually impaired badge.
/removeVisuallyImpaired- Will remove the visually impaired badge.
/addMute- Will assign the speech impaired badge.
/removeMute- Will remove the speech impaired badge.
/addPotato- Will assign the potato badge.
/removePotato- Will remove the potato badge.
/requestTransactionHistory <token>- Generates and sends your complete transaction history for the given token to your email. Replace <token> with KFC or NCR.
/KFCoptOut- Opts out of receiving KFC.
/KFCoptIn- Opt in to receiving KFC. (All accounts are opted in to the reception of KFC by default. This command is only necessary if
/KFCoptOuthas previously been sent to the Neos bot on the account.)
/NCRoptOut- Opts out of receiving NCR.
/NCRoptIn- Opt in to receiving NCR. (All accounts are opted in to the reception of NCR by default. This command is only necessary if
/NCRoptOuthas previously been sent to the Neos bot on the account.)
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
2FA is a highly recommended measure to secure one's Neos account, it can be setup through the "Setup 2FA" button on the home screen of the dashboard.
Also please note that 2FA by default only covers transactions. It is highly recommended to extend this to your Neos Login with the following command:
/enableLogin2FA- Opt-in to use of a 2FA code to login to your Neos account (not necessary for subsequent sessions if 'remember me' is enabled.)
/disableLogin2FA- Opt-out of use of a 2FA code to login to your Neos account.
/webLogin- If 2FA Login is enabled on your account, this will temporarily suppress it for three minutes. Used while logging on to the Wiki, and other Neos sites currently not supporting 2FA Login.
You may also use the Neos Bot to delete your Neos account. Simply send Neos Bot
/requestAccountDeletion in a message and the deletion process will start. It will take 7 days and there are warnings sent to both your account and the email registered to your account that allow you to cancel.