Prime Time, ProbablePrime's Weekly office hours for Questions, Tutorials and Documentation and anything else that doesn't really fit.
Here are the notes from 18th January 2022
These are rough notes typed by ProbablePrime. If there are errors please edit away!
Please do remember to check our Roadmaps as a lot of questions here are partially covered there. Do continue to ask them but the roadmaps are there for you to read:
Please use our Contacting the Neos Team section to reach out! Please make GitHub issues for your issues!
AdmiralSoap: What is your next planned tutorial?
- Probably some MMC information.
Chri$tophe: Where do you personally see NCR in the next 6 months (both price wise as well any other developments and other accomplishments to be achieved )
- I don't find it personally valid to speculate on the future of a currency. If your question is about Neos that's different but a currency is just a currency.
sls: will an update to neos be released this month?
- I don't Know
Turk: What do Board Members have access to or are they like traditional board members? I've often seen confusion with the role. Would board members meetings ever be public at some point in the future? It seems tricky with how info can affect ncr or otherwise.(Sorry typo)
- They are not tradditional board members, they have no official role/stance/employement/relationship with the "Board" of a company as it is traditionally defined.
- They get access to one meeting per month with us.
- We'll also speak/engage with them in a variety of matters if needed.
- I'd love for the board meetings to be public in the future.
Turk: Would I get a response at hello@neos? I mentioned last office hours that I've had complaints about the email getting response. Unsure if this has changed
- You should get one eventually.
GostXero: When Neos Nanite? and Lumen?? 😉
- That's graphical tech so ask at Geenz's office hours
Duff: Couldn’t help but notice that the team possibly had a meeting last Sunday, I know the team isn’t one for time frames but will we see something exciting in the near future?
- We have meetings all the time, it doesn't mean anything exciting is happening but it also doesn't mean something exciting is also not happening.
- Meetings are a part of life for a company. Most of them are boring, too long and could be replaced by an email.
Zari Tenjin: with logix nodes theres always the problem of having to know what they do to make an informed decision, for example operators are hard to parse people without background in programming, is there an easy way to reference nodes and what they do/what theyre intended for in the wiki? since the wiki search is very specific when it comes to finding results . what would be a good way to look up logicnodes to learn how to use specific ones.
- Use this page: https://wiki.neos.com/Category:NodeMenu
- For symbols use this page https://wiki.neos.com/LogiX_Symbols
- It should ahve everythiong you need. In time we'll get documentation into Neos.
GunGryphon: I do a lot of VHDL and digital logic work, it gets me wondering if groups of basic operator nodes could be condensed and blackboxed together. I know people want full scripting, this could be a small taste of that.
- That's a feature on our roadmap called logix function or grouped nodes. Take a look for it.
Zari Tenjin :in logix again, if i have a lone arrow that is driving /something/ what would be a good way to find out what it is driving?
- Inspect the arrows: https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/i-accidentally
I'm Erin.: could functions be done with dynamic vars
- Yes, you can use slots and dynamic variables to make a basic programming stack.
AshtonSparx: Why is mono so poopoo with garbage collection? I was hosting a flat world (as I usually do) with 9 users and the headless was using 11GB of ram and couldn't fix it without a restart
- That's a mix of Neos, Mono, Unity and other factors linking together. There is a lot of work we need to do on the optimization front. Please don't blame this on Mono in its entirety.
Duff: Heard that this year members of the neos team who do not have access to the source code of the game will now be eligible to participate in this years mmc, any word on who might be participating aside from raith?
- That's right! If you read the rules, you'll see everyone except for Froox, Geenz, Myself and Outsider can participate. Make sure to read the official rules.
Zari Tenjin: would it be possible to make logix to trigger the bake blendshapes on all child nodes in a tree or is there currently no convinient way to automate that?
- Not without component access right now unfortunately.