Prime Time, ProbablePrime's Weekly office hours for Questions, Tutorials and Documentation and anything else that doesn't really fit.
Here are the notes from 30th August
These are rough notes typed by ProbablePrime. If there are errors please edit away!
Please do remember to check our Roadmaps as a lot of questions here are partially covered there. Do continue to ask them but the roadmaps are there for you to read:
Questions were a little light here as were my notes, lots of stuff was covered with changes to the wiki page on Dynamic Variables
Fuzzy: Q: Is there currently a system for dealing with multiple audio streams?
- There were some clarification questions to figure out what Fuzzy was looking for
- It turns out they'd like to manage multiple in/out streams in and out of Neos at the same time.
- I asked them to Open a GitHub issue so that we can discuss this.
Turk: Q: Is there anything your personally excited with development upcoming?
- I'm excited for what's next
- I'm also excited for the random things that happen between the big things.
SpexQ: Q: The multi-audio clip player (and some other audio components like audio waveform textures) only take clips. So far as I know, streams can't be used. Would it be possible to generalize these components to take streams or clips? Or is there a workaround? Would be very useful.
- I'm not sure why these dont work with streams but you should open a GitHub issue to discuss them being supported.
SHFR_HQ: Q: Still wondering ‘Has something changed such that colliders take ages to generate after importing models?’ When I am selecting a model of say a kettle, I am used to opening a dozen glTFs from Sketchfab and quickly deleting the ones I don’t like and arranging or editing the others even before the textures load. Recently (physics?) this seems to have changed such that I can’t grab or select any of them (colliders) until the textures load many minutes later. Has anyone noticed this? Thanks, ^H^
- I wasn't aware of this as a problem, but Enverex was. I encouraged the both to open a GitHub Issue to discuss this.
EarthmarkQ: Q: I looked in the past notes about the dynamic variable name thing, and it didn't seem to have a good answer, it says symbols are being excluded, but thousands of symbols seem to be excluded and many thousand more are included seemingly without a real reason to discriminate the two?
- Earthmark generally wanted more information on which characters were allowed or not.
- To answer this I opened up the Source Code and found the code responsible.
- The wiki has subsequently been updated here see Dynamic Variables for the information placed there.
EarthmarkQ: How goes getting the wiki a bit less logout happy?
- This was on pause for some other matters but should be tackled soon
- It's a bit of a pain as it will require some changes to the OAuth Authentication systems of the wiki
- As well as the wiki itself being moved to a different location.
- This is a big ask so it is taking some time.