The Neos Moderation Team's Weekly office hours.
Here are the notes from 19 Feb 2023.
These are rough notes typed by CanadianGit, shamelessly stealing ProbablePrime's formatting. If there are errors please edit away!
Please do remember to check our Roadmaps as a lot of questions here are partially covered there. Do continue to ask them but the roadmaps are there for you to read:
Please make tickets! We love tickets!.
The next Moderation Team Office hours will be back next week!
Lord Tremor — Today at 16:06 Something I am pretty sure I am already aware about but simply to prove a point. When it comes to Adult Contenton Avatars, It still applies to Textures correct?
- Correct. All assets on an avatar are considered under the guidelines on Adult Content.
Mr_Squarepeg — Today at 16:10 Any word on development resuming for Neos?
- Keep an eye on the announcements channel for more information when it's available.
Lord Tremor — Today at 16:10 Is there any possible way to recover a deleted world? a question for.....a friend.....
- Patreon users can make use of commands to recover assets, information can be found here: http://wiki.neos.com/Neos_Bot#Recovery_Command
Kasuxae Xaesys — Today at 16:19 Interesting question? With NeosVR being such a powerful development platform in addition to other neat things the platform allows a user to achieve, Has their been a malicous use of the platform in the past? If so, Then has these "exploits" been patched/dissalowed? Just hoping to learn about things i should avoid.
- We can't speak on specific cases, but exploits have been identified and patched previously. Folks have used non-exploits maliciously as well - these actions general break the guidelines and if you encounter users acting maliciously we encourage you to submit a ticket.
聖なる人 (Holy) — Today at 16:21 I've been checking a lot of cloudvar stuff recently and saw a large amount of vars for session moderation, are there any more planned like that or any more extra session moderation tools planned?
- Yes - the next ask from the moderation team for development is an initial implementation of the user blocking system.
聖なる人 (Holy) — Today at 16:23 Isn't user blocking in a session-based way a ban from a session?
- Implementation is not complete, the Github still has a lively discussion on the exact method user blocking may be designed. However, broadly, user blocking will be user-to-user, you do not need to be the host to issue a user block, and other users in the session will not see targets you block differently.
Lord Tremor — Today at 16:26 Here is one, since its chill....I recently got banned unlawfully because of Harassment for Something I have never done. I have spoken with a few moderators to clear this issue. However, my name is still tarnished with a Standard ban on my account, any way I could clear that?
- Clearing outdated ban information from the API is on moderation's radar, we'd like to see it cleared in a future update.
Kasuxae Xaesys — Today at 16:32 More of a "What if" Question. If you where to add user blocking, "as an early implementation" And people you block could still indirectly interact/harass the user that blocked them (Examples being: using pens to draw/using logix to further inconvenience the user), How would moderation be applied to that user if they where to be reported, Probabbly a stupid question.
- This would constitute harassment. If users try to circumvent your block in any way, please report them via the ticket system.
Kasuxae Xaesys — Today at 16:35 Last question, Is the feature for switching between vr and desktop going to be finished anytime soon?
- You cannot switch to VR if you launched in desktop-only mode initially, due to limitations of booting up steamVR.