The Neos Moderation Team's Weekly office hours.
Here are the notes from 12 Feb 2023.
These are rough notes typed by CanadianGit, shamelessly stealing ProbablePrime's formatting. If there are errors please edit away!
Please do remember to check our Roadmaps as a lot of questions here are partially covered there. Do continue to ask them but the roadmaps are there for you to read:
Please make tickets! We love tickets!.
The next Moderation Team Office hours will be back next week!
RaviidDidsdale — Today at 16:05 How is the moderation team doing as a whole?
- The moderation team is doing good. Not overloaded with work, but keeping an eye on ticket numbers on a monthly basis.
Kori — Today at 16:09 How are things going now that we're several months after the post-VRC-EAC surge?
- New users have integrated nicely. No issues to report from moderation's side of things.
Alps Splash — Today at 16:11 is their issues with creating User Agreements for joining a world?
- No - it's encouraged, even. You can find a session rules board in Neos Essentials to help set rules for sessions you host.
Kori — Today at 16:12 I might have missed this, but is there any update on revamping the new user onboarding experience? It's a pain point I hear often.
- No updates to pass out at the moment, but is a topic the content creation team is well aware of. Github issues exist if you'd like to pass on further feedback.
Derpicidal — Today at 16:17 With session rules on your own session / headless, would it be an issue to request those in your session to not "catfish" or "trap" other individuals by lying about your gender identity or misleading others by such actions?
- Trap is increasingly viewed as a slur and recommended against. Otherwise, you are welcome to establish guidelines against deceiving users in your sessions.
Kori — Today at 16:18 Based on what I'm hearing, we should brace for the floodgates to open as soon as the development freeze is over? XD
- We cannot make any promises at this time, but development always proceeded at a quick pace when it was not on hold previously.
Alps Splash — Today at 16:18 Will moderation will be more automated in the future or will there be a human tough on all tickets everytime?
- We are seeking ways to assist with assigning tickets, but the writing, decision-making, and issuing of account restrictions are always done by people directly and we have no plans to change that at this time.
LeCloutPanda — Today at 16:26 My one and only question Do we have a list/count of how many Mentors/Mods/Qc members there are?
- About 200 mentors, couple dozen mods, a dozen QC.
Alps Splash — Today at 16:30 Is it tougher to deal with two different national political/social differences that would cause major discorse?
- Sometimes. Balancing different values around the globe when writing new or changing old guidelines can sometimes require a compromise that leaves few people happy.