The Neos Moderation Team's Weekly office hours.
Here are the notes from 02 Oct 2022.
These are rough notes typed by CanadianGit, shamelessly stealing ProbablePrime's formatting. If there are errors please edit away!
Please do remember to check our Roadmaps as a lot of questions here are partially covered there. Do continue to ask them but the roadmaps are there for you to read:
Please make tickets! We love tickets!.
The next Moderation Team Office hours will be back next week!
Katie (She/Her) — Today at 16:22 🇶 More of a general question, but how often do moderators tend to get involved in game with things like reports and such?
- Moderators are on duty when found in game. They may often offer advice and assistance with how to file a report, but this is not their job, if done they are just doing it as helpful users.
Spex — Today at 16:24 If a mod is in a session and some kind of violation occurs, would mods be expected to act on that immediately, or file a ticket themselves so it goes through the formal moderation process?
- Both. Moderators are allowed to issue temporary account restrictions if they observe egregious violations to the guidelines, but they are required to then submit a ticket and the account restrictions may be revised following the normal collaborative investigation.
Katie (She/Her) — Today at 16:26 🇶 If I were to submit a report of someone using slurs, would I need to provide evidnce with my ticket?
- Testimony does count as evidence, but any additional evidence you could provide would be beneficial, even including logs to confirm the presence of the reported user.
Scary Guy 🐧🔥 — Today at 16:27 🇶 Can you make it like FB where when you block them it hides their content/hosted worlds?
- Suggestions for new features are best submitted to Github. The blocking feature has an ongoing discussion threads around implementation.
SAL — Today at 16:28 🇶 should we report minors being in no adequate public worlds like pubs and all of that for their own good?
- Minors are not allowed in sessions with adult content, but guidelines do not recognize other restrictions on what minors can see.
sctanf — Today at 16:30 what is the best way to remind people (or make known of) of community guidelines and especially interaction, like using knockback guns
- Speaking directly with the users tends to be the most successful approach, but we also have an editable session rules panel in Neos Essentials that could be used to reiterate how or if knockback guns are appropriate in the session.
NearBYGamer — Today at 16:30 🇶 As time goes on will headless get a video explanation on setup/overview and/or configuration
- information can be found here; https://wiki.neos.com/Headless_Client