The Neos Moderation Team's Weekly office hours.
Here are the notes from 04 Sept 2022.
These are rough notes typed by CanadianGit, shamelessly stealing ProbablePrime's formatting. If there are errors please edit away!
Please do remember to check our Roadmaps as a lot of questions here are partially covered there. Do continue to ask them but the roadmaps are there for you to read:
The next Moderation Team Office hours will be back next week!
Ds plays — Today at 16:08 Will neos (idk if you can answer this.) will it ever come to stand alone quest? (Ofc the graphics would have to change).
- We have a WIP build available for a certain patreon tier, but we have no ETA on an official release.
LeCloutPanda — Today at 16:08 What are your takes on Plugins that add a good chunk of new features like Components/Nodes/Etc rather than plugins that add small one off things?
- Broadly positive. It's nice to see a growing community dedicated to improvements and customizations of the platform.
Blitzen2848 — Today at 16:14 Is it easier to worlds and avatar in vr or desktop
- User preference, mostly.
Marco Sizemore — Today at 16:16 Is there a way to get the desktop numbered buttons to work for equipping tools while I’m in VR?
- Not presently, though it may be possible through a mod.
Dastrar — Today at 16:16 How is the situation between the Co-founder?
- When more information is available it will be found in the announcements channel on the NeosVR Discord.
Lexevo — Today at 16:17 What would the recommended steps be for a user who is getting annoyed by someone else, and doesn't have any permissions for session moderation tools?
- There are no dedicated steps before asking moderation for assistance. We recommend speaking with the user in question and the session host to provide help mediating the conflict if you do not have moderation tools yourself, but you are welcome to reach out to moderation whenever you would like assistance.
epicEaston197 — Today at 16:20 .... "cricket sounds" Q: is there a way to customize the session orbs eg making my session orbs into the vrchat porta
- Yes, though help pursuing customizing them is best sought in the questions-help channel.
OdysseyGamingVR — Today at 16:22 Where is the best place for a brand new neos player to start? I have played around but I feel like it’s one step forward two steps back for building
- Mentor workshops are hosting every other Wednesday and Creator Jams every Sunday.
Lexevo — Today at 16:25 So a funny property of desyncing, is that things like whisper bubbles don't get activated locally for the desynced person immediately, even though for everyone else, the whisper bubble is on. Say a desynced person joins in a conversation that they didn't realise was in a whisper bubble, and those people in the whisper bubble get annoyed that they "pierced" the whisper bubble, even though they didn't know it existed. If a moderation ticket was filed for something like this, how would a misunderstanding like this be handled?
- Intention is relevant in tickets. Doing something by accident, unless incredibly reckless, may receive a reminder or no moderation response.
Alps Splash — Today at 16:27 What are some of the best pranks (you had to break up or fix) that you had to not laugh at but was so difficult? no names so privacy isn't broken.
- We do not share details of tickets, even anonymized, as there remains a potential for folks to identify the users described.
Lehti — Today at 16:29 Is not intruding on other peoples' whisper bubbles defined explicitly in the guidelines or is it derived from more general rules?
- It is derived from the guidelines on harassment.
Marco Sizemore — Today at 16:33 Once, I almost entered someone’s whisper bubble because it looked so different that I realize that it was a whisper bubble.
I don’t think I’d make the same mistake again, but I assume the same thing would apply to that too?
- Simply listening to the user's request to not enter the bubble again would clear you from any concern under the guidelines, and doing so accidentally would stop it from being an issue in the first place.