The Neos Moderation Team's Weekly office hours.
Here are the notes from 03 July 2022.
These are rough notes typed by CanadianGit, shamelessly stealing ProbablePrime's formatting. If there are errors please edit away!
Please do remember to check our Roadmaps as a lot of questions here are partially covered there. Do continue to ask them but the roadmaps are there for you to read:
The next Moderation Team Office hours will be back next week!
ArchieTheRaccoon — Today at 16:03 I'm trying to find out what are the rules of content you upload to neos. With what I've read so far - it says that no matter what - you are responsible. Does that also includes if someone drags out the textures out of your avatar when you're somewhere in public world?
- Yes, removing some one's textures without their consent would be in violation of the guidelines. You can submit a report if you believe content you own has been inappropriately saved by another user.
ArchieTheRaccoon — Today at 16:12 are there any rules of how much knowledge someone has to have to become a mentor?
- The application includes whether you have experience working as part of a team, be it in Neos, in work, or as a volunteer, but the Mentor Program is primarily just looking for folks who are interested in helping out Neos and new users.
hack13 — Today at 16:12 User worlds/sessions, containing “extra” rules. I have heard this spoken on before, but is it advised to reconfirm consent every visit, or just once and say like saved to a cloud variable?
- There is no requirement to design session rules one way or another in the guidelines, but as a purely Canadian Git recommendation, having a notice every time a user joins does reaffirm the rules, and lets you easily change them without a user missing the adjustments.
ArchieTheRaccoon — Today at 16:16 Is there a section in rules specifically for world creation and publishing it? Like what's allowed in there, what's not and such
- Nothing specific to world creation, but all sections that apply more broadly to avatars or content within a session would apply to published worlds. Guidelines on hateful content, obscene content, and adult content would be just as relevant to a published world as they would to an avatar.
DoubleStyx — Today at 16:18 Is the number of enlisted moderators dependent on the average concurrent user count?
- Broadly, yes. We recruit moderators based on need, and an increase in user count would certainly be one. It's not the only need, we have previously brought on mods to reduce issues with language barriers, but a dramatic increase in user count would qualify.
rampa_3 (UTC +1, DST UTC +2) — Today at 16:20 A hot take: I believe people should be open about using mods since it is allowed. What is your view on this? (I have a mod installed that writes down active mods into my user root and an avatar system that will give you this info compiled into a list when you press a button above my head.) Just a quip to discuss and fill the silence... 😅
- As long as your mods are compliant with our policy on them, by all means, feel free to be open about using them.
ArchieTheRaccoon — Today at 16:28 What's the best way someone could help Neos VR if they have certain skills, like 3D or programming, maybe design?
- "Make cool stuff" ~ Frooxius
hack13 — Today at 16:28 For new users, I’ve heard many have rough times with getting “threats” when just visiting different rules that cause them to leave… they state concerns of not being able to avoid those people… is there a better alternative than telling them to report them ?
- While we always encourage the use of in-game moderation tools to remove users proving problematic, threats are strictly against the guidelines. We hope to give you more tools in the future to handle users like this, but for now feel free to reach out to moderation for assistance.