The Neos Moderation Team's Weekly office hours.
Here are the notes from 26 June 2022.
These are rough notes typed by CanadianGit, shamelessly stealing ProbablePrime's formatting. If there are errors please edit away!
Please do remember to check our Roadmaps as a lot of questions here are partially covered there. Do continue to ask them but the roadmaps are there for you to read:
The next Moderation Team Office hours will be back next week!
RaviidDidsdale — Today at 16:09 What is the age limit given to Neos?
- Users must be 13 years old to play Neos unsupervised, users under that age need a guardian present with them at all times.
RaviidDidsdale — Today at 16:14 Iv'e seen some avatars, which have been teetering on the edge of being skimpy. (In public) But are not in violation of TOS. However i would be concerned for any minors that see them. Does the guidlines encompass this?
- The guidelines does not directly address clothing outside of our definitions on adult content, but Neos does require parental supervision for all users under 13 years old.
Max | Mentor | Moderator — Today at 16:20 Don't know if it a question that can be answered but, say "Bob" submitted a ticket then later on after there ticket was closed, is it appropriate for user's to share there tickets?
- Yes - information that is shared with moderation will be treated as confidential by moderation, but users are not bound by anything by submitting it. However, engaging in witch hunts or call outs can be considered harassment.
Spex — Today at 16:23 I'll just reiterate that I see a general common problem with users not always understanding that session rules are dictated by their hosts. Guidelines provide a baseline and hosts can add to that for themselves.
What does the MTC offer in way of clarifying this for new users? It's a pretty important to how Neos operates and new users really might need that spelled out if they aren't grasping it.
- Little at the moment, this is a good piece of feedback I'll pass onto the content creation team. Right now we do clarify this in office hours and ask users to spread it, but an addition to the MTC worlds could certainly help.
Zaytha — Today at 16:25 In regards to the first section with reduced restrictions, what would "a content warning in the session description" look like in practice? Would hosts have to clarify what is or isn't allowed (i.e. "toplesss world") or would a general "18+" or "reduced restrictions" suffice.
- Any simple clear message would suffice - our internal example was 'Content Warning: Topless Avatars", which users would be welcome to borrow, but anything that is similarly clear would be fine.
Spex — Today at 16:26 Sure. More simply: Would nipples be banned from public sessions or are they okay provided the content warning is there?
- The latter, they would be alright with a content warning in place in the session described and posted in world.