The Neos Moderation Team's Weekly office hours.
Here are the notes from 5th December 2021.
These are rough notes typed by CanadianGit, shamelessly stealing ProbablePrime's formatting. If there are errors please edit away!
Please do remember to check our Roadmaps as a lot of questions here are partially covered there. Do continue to ask them but the roadmaps are there for you to read:
We're back next week!
Duff Q: what would you say has been the most rewarding experience/positive moment you've had being apart of the moderation team?
- RAITH: The OSticket system, really making it work well for Neos as a platform.
- GIT: Working with users to craft guidelines. It provides an opportunity to work directly with the community to make it safer for everyone.
rampa_3 (UTC +1, DST UTC +2) Q: Good you went for the ticketing system - Discord is planning to nerf what can people do with bots pretty hard...
- The OSticket system has been enormously helpful to the Neos Moderation Team. It forms a good baseline, but Raith's work customizing for the team's needs has been fantastic.
rampa_3 Q: Have you ever bumped into problem of having to solve problems with user who don't talk English at all?
- Not issues yet, though we did plan for the potential. We brought on mods from the JP community expecting that we would field tickets written in Japanese, and thankfully had them trained up before any came in.
Duff Q: all things considered as of now, do you feel as though the new influx of newcomers is integrating well with the established community? has it been affecting the moderation/mentor side of things significantly?
- As well as could be expected. There has been some culture shock, some disagreements, but the conflicts have been mild so far. We hope the different communities will continue to get to know each other and improve in time.
rampa_3 (UTC +1, DST UTC +2) Q: Wait, so now you put support tickets in the moderation system too?
- The Moderation ticket system can field tickets for reporting other users, exploits, making DMCA requests, and general inquiries. Information on how to submit exploit reports can be found in the security document, and general feedback is best presented to the Anonymous Feedback Form.
Duff Q: Despite Veer being the CMO, Between Git, Veer, Dante, and Raith is there any distinct difference in how you guys handle operate moderation side of things?
- Yes, the leads typically have areas they work in most, be it the ticket system, training, writing guidelines - but all mods help each other out when dealing with significant workloads.
Lehti Q: Is the moderation team also responsible for enforcing the EULA & ToS & Security related things?
- To the extent they interact with the guidelines, yes. The guidelines require you abide by the EULA, TOS, and the security document specifies behaviours that may also violate guidelines while reporting or working on exploits.
Duff Q: with the marketplace being implemented later on in the future (understand that you guys don't have an exact eta), will the moderation team also be tasked with enforcing the rules/guidelines that comes with it or will that be handled by other means?
- Yes, moderation will be tasked with maintaining guidelines on the workshop/marketplace. The exact mechanisms of reporting problematic content are still being planned, but moderation will be working with reports however they're submitted.
Max | Mentor | Moderator Q: audiobook git when?