Humanoid Rig Requirements for IK
When importing a rigged 3D model of a humanoid into Neos, it can be automatically setup with inverse kinematics, which also allows use as a full body avatar. There are certain requirements for the rig to be recognized as humanoid/biped and setup this way:
- Model can be in A-pose or T-Pose. Others might work as well
- Orientation (forward facing) should be along the positive Z axis. Flipped Z can be detected as well, but might contain bugs.
- The bones should follow a naming convention specified below. Rigs from Mixamo already follow this convention.
- The bold bones are mandatory - must be present on the rig
Bone Naming Convention
The name of the bone needs to contain one of the listed keywords. They're case-insensitive and may be decorated with numbers (e.g. "spine01"), surrounded by special characters (e.g. "rig_spine"), side indicators (e.g. "left_hand", "LeftHand" or "hand_L") or even other words (e.g. "surgeonLUpperarm1").
- Hips/Pelvis: hips, pelvis, root
- Spine: spine, chest
- Chest: spine, chest, ribcage
- Neck: neck
- Head: head
- Shoulder: shoulder, clavicle, collar, collarbone
- Upper Arm: upperarm, arm, bicep
- Lower Arm: forearm, lowerarm, elbow
- Hand: hand, wrist, palm
- Upper Leg: leg, upleg, thigh, upperleg, hip
- Lower Leg: leg, calf, knee, shin
- Foot: foot, ankle
- Toes: toe, ball, toebase, toes